Friday, May 16, 2008

xin ku le!

Today morning my mum asked me to go her workplace help out.. Thought today i oso nothing to do at home, so went to try.. After personally experiencing working at my her workplace, I just realized how physically n mentally challenging it is for her.. Btw my mum's working in an embroidery factory... I've always pictured it as an easy job for her 'cos she told me that it's about putting the cloths onto the machine and the machine automatically sews on the design.

Seemingly easy, the job actually includes more other things that one needs to do.. For the embroidery machine part, she has to make sure the markings on the shirts/clothings are marked out by at the specified place b4 putting it into the machine, and that the strings don't get used up halfway thru sewing.. There's packaging to do after the stuffs are sewn (the part i was tasked to do). B4 packing the shirts into the plastic casings, i had to button them up and fold them nicely. The hard part was, there's a whole chunk of shirts to be done la.. (near like more than 200 plus shirts?).. i've never folded so many shirts at one go in my life.. ok i sound like a spoilt brat complaining bout such simple stuffs.. but wait till you hear what's more..

The physically n mentally challenging part was, (excluding me) there is only the 3 of them working in the small small room, and they had to stand throughout the ~7hrs(excluding lunchtime n toilet break)... And that is more tiring than doing guard duties or OVL or COS duties la! haha! Halfway while working, i feel like taking breaks la but looking at how long my mum n her colleague can last not sitting down, i told myself not to 'lao kui' (paiseh myself). Hmm.. No wonder mum sometimes complains of her legs aching... Xin ku le! It's been hard on you!

On a lighter note.. haha.. got paid and felt it's quite an experience working with my mum(how many of you actually get to work with your mums or have working mums?) =P Another day well spent!



QuOtE Of tHE wEEk: Money not easy to earn la!
-jon

No comments: