Friday, July 17, 2009

New dizi student.

Yay i've a new dizi student and we had our 1st lesson today.. :D We arranged to meet at the bus stop and the funny thing was.. My student was behind me and din call me until i turned back and noticed her there.. After that she said i looked like secondary school age thats why thought i wasn't the person! -.-

With good music background as a piano teacher herself and studying music as a minor, she managed to pick up on playing dizi quite fast within just a lesson-- able to play almost the whole range of notes(only with abit more difficulties on higher notes), hitting minimum 4 seconds of long notes, memorised most of the notes for the basic fingering. Only minus points are the tone and tuning of the notes played due to lip and air control. Can't wait for next lessons to come!

QuoTe Of THe dAY: The thing that spurs me on teaching is the improvement my students make every lesson. Watching them learn and improve over time gives me a sense of achievement. -jon

No comments: