Monday, July 13, 2009

Stopping time, I need time.

I don't know why...

but i'm having a fear in me-- keep having the thought that when uni starts, all the things that i'm enjoying now will be replaced by the 'hectic, busy' and all new undergrad student lifestyle.

I'm seriously enjoying the life i'm leading now-- hanging out with CC frens(both co gang and the newly formed i call 'my co gang 2' for mini meet-ups like concerts, meals and badminton sessions, going for CC and SYCO practices once or twice every weekly and playing music which i really enjoy very much with fun people, playing basketball with the nyjc gang, teaching dizi lessons and tuition few times a week...

Will i be able to maintain all these current activities when i transit into the next phase of my life?

When uni starts, i can forsee myself getting busy with the course workload. In addition to that, i'll most probably be staying in the uni hall and there'll be alot of hall activities. (which means it'll really feel like i'm back to army-- mondays to fridays in camp, no, school.. and only saturdays and sundays i'll be back home, which i'll be using the time to teach dizi n tuition and go for CC practices)... ...

Really hope i can still frequent CC everyweek for practices.. Mr. Boo still wants to me to plan a concert in December.. Actually i myself do want to have one, so that it not only serves as a chance for the juniors to gain experience from performing, but simultaneously getting the senior members back to perform and for us to have a gathering. Alot of people have asked me: "Why are you so 'on', still go CC for practice every week without fail even though you've graduated(from sec sch) and up till now?" I think the reasons are because firstly, i've been there for so many years and it has already become a 2nd home to me. Secondly, CC is the important platform and reason why i am at my current standard of dizi playing and the countless number of friends i've made-- from practising like there's no tomorrow with ChaoYong and YanDeng in the sec sch days, to stepping up to lead the orchestra as the president, to the CC's inaugural concert in 2006 up to the concert in 2008. Very often, i do feel 'tired' of being the president, especially when i don't have a batch of very committed and constant committee. I really don't blame them because i know they do have their other commitments and i haven really been a good president to start with, since i'm quite slack at alot of times... But, i really do hope i can form a new committee for this year 2009 and at least plan a good concert for the end of year. What i need is time, and commitment, not only myself, but also from the orchestra...

Woah, just realised i've written out what i've been putting inside me all these while.. Surprisingly, it kind of feels good.. However, can anyone assure me that after uni starts, i can still maintain the life now that i really want?

-jon

No comments: